Welcome to Eagle View Elementary School’s new website/blog! Please bookmark this site and check back often…or better yet…subscribe to the blog by entering your email address in the Subscribe link on the lower right hand side of the screen, and you will automatically receive any new posts!
We intend to use this site as a communication tool between our school and your families.
This site is a work in progress, we welcome any suggestions or comments. Please leave us a comment and let us know what kind of information you would like to see posted here. All the best!
We have a number of clubs happening right now at EVES:
- Yearbook Club – Grades 4-7 – Wednesdays at lunch with Ms. Gatenby
- Young Entrepreneurs’ Club – Grades 4-7 – Thursdays at lunch with Mr. Deacon
- Eco-Art Club – all Grades – Thursdays and Fridays after school with Mrs. Brown
- Learning Commons Leaders – Grades 4-7 – Tuesdays and Fridays at lunch with Mrs. Walther
- Primary Dance Group – Grades K-3 – Recess Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays with Ms. McKee
- Student Leadership Club – Grades 6-7 – Mondays at lunch with Mr. Fleeton
- Basketball Club – Gr. 4/5 & 6/7 – See Mr. Barfoot
Learning Commons Club members and their Amphibian Project
Think coding is boring? Not so much! With Premier Christie Clark’s announcement that the new curriculum will include computer coding being introduced to all students, we thought we would share a fun link to an online program aimed at ages 6 – Adult. There are themed coding games (hint – Star Wars, Minecraft, Angry Birds, Anna and Elsa, etc). Try an hour of code – check it out here!
We have also included this link on our Learning Links page above.
In recognition of Family Literacy Week, Eagle View will be hosting a Family Literacy Night on January 28. We hope to see you there!
Ms. Soltau’s Grade 1/2 class is following the 2016 Yukon Quest, which is a 1600 km dog sled race from Whitehorse to Fairbanks. What do you think her students will be doing to learn about such an event? Click here to find out!
The Grade 6 Ski Trip to Mt. Cain is coming up! Mr. Barfoot will be holding a parent meeting on Wednesday, January 13 from 7:00 – 7:45 p.m.. Children are welcome. All parents of children who wish to participate in this high-risk activity are urged to attend. If you cannot make it to the meeting, please come to the office to sign the high-risk waiver.